Pet Spay and neuter in Bennettsville, SC
Like any of our other services, spay and neuter surgery provides our patients with best-in-class care and the highest safety standards. We work to customize our care to maximize your pet’s health. Therefore, we advise our patients on the best time for spay and neuter surgery on a case-by-case basis, though a general timeline can be kept in mind.
Pet Spay and neuter
Spay and neuter surgery is a very common procedure done on young pets and for good reason. The surgery offers many benefits to your pet’s long-term health and helps reduces unwanted or unplanned litters. Typically dogs are neutered around six to nine months of age. If you have an adult dog, they can still be neutered. Kittens can be spayed or neutered as young as six months old. Our experienced veterinarians will work with you to determine the best time to spay your pet based on their age, weight, and health history. We understand that every pet is different, and we will tailor our services to meet your individual needs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Spay and Neuter Benefits
- Unwanted pregnancies are eliminated in female pets.
- Mammary gland tumors are less likely to develop in females.
- Ovarian and uterine cancers are less likely to develop in females.
- Male pets are less likely to develop prostate disease.
- Any chance of developing testicular cancer is eliminated.
- Mounting behavior is reduced or eliminated in male pets.
- In males and females, urine spraying behavior is reduced or eliminated.